Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life as we know it







Life in Hawaii is great. School, school, school; Work, work, work = our lives. The ocean is beautiful - everyday as we pass it by, biking along to begin our daily routines. Every once in a while we have some fun. A couple of months ago we had a Honolulu getaway. We had such a great time! But nonetheless, we are so blessed. Prayers were definitely answered- the tsunami came to us and caused no damage. You never think that will happen to you - that in a matter of hours you have to pack your life up and head for the hills and pray that your home, your community do not get too demolished. We were too lucky. Heavenly Father was truly looking out for us.

Counting down the days til my parents come visit Shaun and I in Hawaii! I miss everyone in the mainland - family, friends, the quad cities, Arizona, old hangout spots, even Idaho.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Kelly!!
I was so scared for all you Hawaii friends! I was so happy to hear that in the end all was well!
Then I laughed when I heard that some people were disappointed because the waves weren't bigger, and some people were out surfing on the waves... only in Hawaii!

Sophia Crane said...

I was glad to hear that you guys were safe. Natural disasters are scary. When Hurricane Ike hit Texas we were out of power for a week and one of our fences fell down. I miss you so much, give me a call sometime